Friday, December 5, 2014

Frosty Morning and Cookie Day 2014

The other day, I woke up to a lovely hoarfrost.  The world was covered in a thin layer of icy fuzz.

The frost just makes everything beautiful, even though it's perilous to the plants.  



I think my favorites in the yard were the blackberry canes. Covered in frost, all the shades of green and brown were so subtly lovely.  They looked like velvet millinery leaves for a vintage hat. 



Today was our annual cookie making day!  Three generations...my Grandma, Mom, and me...come together and make cookies.  Peanut butter and Hershey Kiss cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, and frosted sugar cookies.  


The first two types of cookies take about two hours or so to make.  The sugar cookies take the rest of the day.  But I love them!

My theme for the shapes this year had a bit of a theme....




At the end of the time, we asked my dad to take a picture of us.  First he took a selfie.  


Then he took what is, in my opinion, one of the best pictures I've seen of the three of us together.


It was a good day.

2 comments: