Monday, July 29, 2013

Princess Theodora in Moonlit Red

Princess Theodora has joined Willhemina in the world of moonlit color!

I asked on my Facebook page if people would rather I share each princess as I finish them, or do a big reveal at the end.  The consensus seems to be (thanks all!) that I should show a close up of each princess upon completion, and then do an overall share of the room as a whole at the end.  (I also hope to have a party for all local friends when I finish the twelve, to show the room in person!)

Soooo here's Theodora!



Now before you worry that the princesses will all be in a distracting rainbow of moonlit-colored dresses, let me remind you what my two main inspiration artworks are for this project:



Notice in Laurel Long's artwork (the second) there IS a princess in red.  But she blends nicely with the other princesses in shades of blue and green.  The princesses will be primarily in varied shades of blue and green, with the occasional shot of moonlit subtle red.  Theodora just struck me as wanting a moonlit deep red gown.  ;)

Now,  I will resist posting zoomed out progress shots till I'm done....except this last time.  I  had to share a picture of the two princesses side by side.  This will be the last time I do this!!  Hold me to it...I want to keep a big reveal at the end! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I think it will blend quite well. In my opinion, you need more than just blues so that the princesses don't disappear entirely. You want them to blend, but not like a sniper. :D

    Do you mind identifying what fairytale Laurel Long's artwork is illustrating? I'm not familiar with her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Grace, I'm totally calling these Sniper Princesses from here on out. Love it! LOL

      The book is actually The Twelve Days of Christmas! http://www.amazon.com/Twelve-Days-Christmas-Laurel-Long/dp/0803733577/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375217032&sr=8-1&keywords=twelve+days+of+christmas

      Delete