Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lilies

I don't like lilies. Well, I'm just not a huge fan of them. They wouldn't be my first choice to put in my garden. But there were several lilies that popped up in our garden this year. planted by a previous owner, and one should always wait to see what plants look like in bloom before one gets rid of them.

Boy am I glad I waited.

I don't like lilies. But...but...wow. These....are not regular lilies. I'm used to seeing the small orange-headed blooming daylilies around here, and what we have here...is entirely different.


My hand for size comparison. The last bloom on this plant was even larger...as big as my hand with my fingers spread.
I don't think I'll be getting rid of this stunner anytime soon.


Edited to add: According to Google-fu, what I have here is an Egyptian Queen Daylily. Love the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment