Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Very Own Tree Bed

Okay, my dearest blog readers....you all know that I've been searching for the perfect bed frame for our bedroom ever since we moved in to Catty-Corner Cottage. Well, I take that back...I've never owned a bed frame (headboard & footboard) in my adult life, in part because I was always searching for the perfect one.

And you know I've been longing for a tree themed bed frame too.

Well, my dream has come true.

On Monday, I was searching around the local Craigslist, and I put in my regular search under "Furniture by Owner" for "Queen Bed," going through the results like I've done for months and months.

And then I clicked a link, and I gasped out loud. With trembling hands (yes, seriously) I emailed the seller to inquire if the item was still available. And it was. And we went and bought it last night. And we put it together today. And I am in love.

In.
Love.


....(thud)

Another view of it, with flash:
Another view of it with flash, with curtains drawn like it will look at night:
Another view of the room. The cedar chest we used to have at the end of the bed...we tried sliding down into the dormer space just to see if it would fit...and it fits as if it was made for the space. So now we have a little seat under that window, for Corvin, and for us (once I put pillows on it...yay for an excuse to buy more throw pillows!!!)


Just a reminder...there are six trees painted on the walls all around the room, not just the two above the bed.

I am SO VERY GLAD now that I never settled for another bed frame.

5 comments:

  1. It's perfect!! This is the one you've been waiting for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now go see how squeaky it is! /giggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the universe always provides exactly what you need if you are patient enough (and wish enough!). It is a very beautiful bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Just wondering, where did you get the idea to make trees part of your bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds, ;)

    Bryony, I love that too. Patience isn't usually a virtue of mine, and so it's a good lesson for me to learn. LOL

    Veronica, I've always loved forest themed *anything* because they are so very tied in with fairy tales. But the specific look of my bedroom was most inspired by author/artist/editor Terri Windling's British cottage bedroom:

    http://windling.typepad.com/blog/2010/11/to-sleep-perchance-to-dream.html

    (3rd set of images down)

    In fact I call the trees I painted in the bedroom "Windling Trees" :)

    ReplyDelete