Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Show and Boo

October is my favorite month of the year. And although one heck of a sickness (strep throat) has had me unable to fully enjoy myself for most of the month, I am slowly getting better (after 3 weeks of coughing) and am starting to get back into the swing of enjoying things. My laundry list of things I want to decorate and accomplish before October 31st is still significant, but I've been enjoying everything as it comes along.

This past Saturday, my mom and I visited the Rural Society Antique and Garden Show in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. Although many of the antiques were at resale prices, and she and I both prefer to discover our own diamonds in the rough at garage sales and flea markets, it was a huge inspiration and greatly enjoyable. Every vendor there had impeccable taste in how they displayed their wares, and I walked the grounds like a museum. A museum full of things to tempt me, that is.

I did come home with three things though...pumpkins. One of the vendors was selling heirloom varieties at wonderful prices, and I couldn't resist taking home a few.

I love the stem on the blue-grey pumpkin, and I couldn't resist the Baby Boo as well.

My glass pumpkin from Home Goods is joined by this lovely one that ombrés from green to orange. I can't resist a good ombré color...in clothing or, apparently, in nature.


After searching through a blog that featured autumn front porch decor, I randomly decided that the four transom windows in my front door had to join the Halloween spirit. It's hard to tell in this photo, but the lights from the front hallway make the letters really glow and pop at night time. Of course here again there's so much more I want to do to the front porch. We'll certainly at least be adding our carved pumpkins closer to the 31st, and probably some candles for Beggar's Night itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment