Friday, June 1, 2012

Best Seat in the House

Today I was gone all day helping to set up a garage sale in my grandma's sold condo.  But when I got home, I moved a couple of treasures I picked up into the house.  One of them is featured in the picture below...


My grandma had a cedar chest with a padded top that she needed to find a space for.  When I brought it up to the bedroom, I discovered that when pushed next to my own cedar chest with padded top, and covered with a lilac-grey colored vellux blanket, it creates a mega window seat.  I love it.


This is a good opportunity to also show the trees I painted in this alcove a couple of weeks ago.  I'm debating if I want to paint another pair further toward the window.



7 comments:

  1. Definitely do another pair of trees!
    I love old wooden chests =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool the way the two chests worked out together. Any way to take a pic of the trees, using more light? That can be a tall order, I know.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your new projects around the house. I think another set of trees would be beautiful. Keep up the inspiration!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the double window seat! Is that Corvin's head I see at the bottom of the first picture? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! And another pair of trees most definitely… they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! Another pair of trees shall be done, then, along with three more on the walls of the room. Then I think my forest will be complete. :)

    Leigh, it's true that when I took the last picture, the light was almost completely gone. I'll try to get a better one :)

    Popsters, you spotted the Corvin! He has to get in every shot :D :D

    ReplyDelete