Monday, June 25, 2012

Twilight at Catty-Corner

My beloved Egyptian Queens have gone quite boffo this year.  Every day has been a new flock of beauties, but today may be their peak. 





The weather today has also been extraordinary, which will be especially cherished later this week as the temperatures are supposed to hit triple digits.  Tonight's sunset was especially breathtaking, and I couldn't help but take some pictures of the garden that so obsesses me.

The lilac bush is finally starting to grow at the corner of the patio.  It's almost as tall as me now.


The hollyhocks are still small, but growing.


The beans I planted only a couple of weeks ago below the arbor are growing like wildfire.  I hope they start climbing the arbor itself very soon.


You can see the tomato plants against the garage in the background.


The beebalm is doing its job and attracting numerous bumbles.


I've put a pot of Coleus by the back gate.


And tucked some annuals into the front of the planter on the back porch.



2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Grace. Everything is looking good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting and supporting! :D

    ReplyDelete