Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Entry Bench Found!

Tom and I have been eyeing an antique mahogany bench listed on Craigslist. I know the plan was to search for and find an antique church pew for the entry bench, but when I saw this one listed, I was just smitten with it.

(Ignore the floral bench pad...we'd be tossing that)
We would be displaying it like this instead:
This shot shows how the bench seat lifts up for shallow storage.
We called the person who listed it tonight, a very nice older lady, and when we told her that we were first-time home owners starting out, she and I were able to come to an agreement on price. We're picking it up this Saturday at 11. Hooray!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is fabulous and Congrats on the new home! I loved loved loved to decorate until I did it over 10 times. Please whenever you feel the need do my new home. Working the sales, antiguiing and consignment sales have worn me out over my last 20 years,just too tired and Craigslist furnished most of my rooms. Love your taste!
    Please keep posting it is great to see your finds!

    ReplyDelete