Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Poppy Day!

I woke up this morning and blearily looked out the window, curious what the insanely vibrant object was against my garage siding.

Well, once I realized what it was, my expression was like a kid on Christmas morning.

Our first Poppy!



Part of what I find so beautiful about Poppies are their vibrant color against their dark centers.  But I also love how very like crepe paper their petals are.  Oh I'm so in love with how this bloom looks against the white of the garage!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I tried to get a poppy to grow at my home in Mississippi, but had no luck. I haven't seen many around that area so maybe it's not the right environment. I may have to try again here in Louisiana. Looks like Ohio is perfect for it and it does look extra bright and beautiful against the white.

    ReplyDelete