Thursday, March 3, 2011

House Self-Esteem


I haven't updated in a few days, have I? I suppose we've been busy this week, though looking back I'm not sure what all we did. We have several projects we hope to work on this weekend, including cutting down some of the doors that don't fit their doorframes, being taught how to seal off the cracks in a window frame that cause cold air seepage, and hopefully working on the staircase stencil project, among other things.

In the mean time, I've been perusing the internet with the house in mind, and I came across a wonderful article in the brand new "Offbeat Home" website. In the article, home owners are encouraged to increase their house esteem using the same methods as you would recommend to someone whose personal self-image is low. Just as models in magazines rarely look as perfect in person because of airbrushing and the like, so each home displayed in books and magazines has its warts and secret sides hidden behind amazing photography and yes, sometimes, airbrushing.

I have great house-esteem for Catty-Corner Cottage, but the concept still really struck me as wise.

1 comment:

  1. Coincidentally, that same blog ran an article on my husband's home studio: http://offbeathome.com/2011/03/steampunk-studio
    Looks like an interesting website... I can't resist a good nosy around other people's houses :)

    ReplyDelete