Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cabinet for the Dreaming Room

When Tom and I stopped by the local craft and antique mall on Sunday, there was another item that also caught my eye. However, since all sales are final at that shop, I had to take measurements and go home to make sure it would work in the space.

So yesterday, after verifying the measurements would work, I stopped by and picked it up. What is it?


A beautiful wood record cabinet! I've been wanting a piece of furniture for this space in the Dreaming Room. I was looking for a chest of drawers for extra storage space for my art supplies, but I couldn't resist something with a bit more character when it came my way.

Especially for $43.

A little vignette I just threw together and put on the top of the cabinet. I'd like to get a glass cloche to display something fae and mossy on top of here, and of course I want to put more on the wall as well.


In a bit of a tongue-in-cheek move, I've put my Bose iPod stereo/dock inside the old cabinet. Notice the carved arches on the inside of the doors. The shelves have plenty of space to hold my art supplies.

Just look at all the beautiful detail on this piece! Some family was proud to display this cabinet, I'm sure. In fact, since our house is circa 1938, perhaps there was once a cabinet quite like this displayed here somewhere at some point.

1 comment: