Monday, May 2, 2011

Rabbit and Mushroom

Last night, Catty-Corner Cottage was graced with the presence of three Faeries on their way back from a Faerie Festival. They arrived after dark last night, and so this morning I took them around our yard to see it in the daylight.

Well, they must be my magic charms, because when we approached the back yard, we spied a tiny little rabbit sitting by the azalea bushes I planted next to the porch deck. As we approached, he ran over to the day lilies, and then again back by the house, and then before we knew it, he had leaped through the latticework on the back porch, and hidden himself away under the porch.

I was delighted beyond measure to see the first rabbit in our back yard!

(Pictures not mine...I wish I had had a camera!)


Also, in addition to a rabbit and the beautiful spiral headed ferns in our yard, we also have tiny mushrooms cropping up everywhere. What a delight!! I'm still on the search for a fairy ring of mushrooms. None found yet, but I'm sure they're there!
Thank you, three faeries, for helping me see a little magic in my own back yard!

2 comments:

  1. That is a very cute baby bunny!

    Have you seen my recent post about Spoutwood?

    http://www.thepaintingqueen.com/2011/04/famous-spoutwood-may-day-fairie.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Beautiful pictures. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to attend this year!! :(

    ReplyDelete